We use conventional diagnostic assessment with an integrative approach to treatment. Our services include:
Chronic conditions develop over weeks, months, or years. They may present as a set of symptoms that progressively get worse or symptoms that come and go periodically. There may be no current symptoms but a diagnosis was previously made.
The naturopathic approach to chronic conditions involves applying the least invasive treatment possible. While that may be surgery or pharmaceutical medications in some cases, naturopathic doctors are likely to have additional options available.
We offer conventional diagnosis and integrative treatment options for a variety of chronic health conditions including but not limited to:
- Autoimmune Conditions
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Celiac Disease
- Food Allergies
- Irritable Bowel Disease
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
- Thyroid Disorders
Acute conditions last a short time and/or are sudden or rapid in onset. They are usually accompanied by a distinct set of symptoms that prompt you to seek health care as soon as possible. For a medical emergency, please call 911.
The naturopathic approach to acute conditions involves applying the least invasive treatment possible. While that may be surgery or pharmaceutical medications in some cases, naturopathic doctors may have additional options available.
We offer conventional diagnosis and integrative treatment options for a variety of acute conditions including but not limited to:
- Back Pain
- Ear Infections
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Pink Eye
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
We treat a wide range of women’s health conditions and concerns using a holistic and integrative approach for women of all ages.
We offer acute care for a new complaint and chronic care for conditions that have been difficult to treat or require long term care. Examples are PMS, menopause, PCOS, infertility, low libido, osteoporosis, urinary tract infections, painful intercourse, vaginal infections, and so forth.
We also offer annual women’s wellness exams, which are multi-system. The exams include breast, skin, lung, heart, and abdominal exams, urinalysis and PAP tests when needed. Routine lab work and referrals for appropriate screening tests such as colonoscopy or mammography will be addressed at this visit.
- Abdominal pain Asthma and/or other respiratory symptoms
- Brain symptoms (e.g. Autism)
- Constipation and/or Diarrhea
- Eczema and/or other skin conditions
- Fatty stools
- Food sensitivities
- Heartburn (reflux or GERD)
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Joint pain
- Mood symptoms (e.g. depression)
- Skin rashes
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Weight Loss
- Celiac Disease
- Joint Pain
- Eradication Phase Options:
- Rifaximin, a pharmaceutical antibiotic
- Herbal Antimicrobials
- Elemental Diet Formula
- Gut Healing Phase:
- Nutrients and herbs that support and heal the lining of the digestive track, especially the small intestines
- Repopulation of the digestive track with beneficial bacteria supporting the individual microbiome
- Replenishing digestive enzymes required for proper breakdown of food
- Prevention of Relapse Phase:
- Low FODMAP diet for 3 months
- Gut motility agents that stimulate the Migrating Motor Complex
Low-level chronic infections are implicated in many conditions, including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and many others. They also may play a role in over-stimulating the immune system, thereby contributing to autoimmunity.
We use conventional laboratory testing in combination with symptoms to determine chronic infection potential.
Treatments may include herbal antimicrobials and/or pharmaceutical anti-microbials depending on the severity of test results and symptoms.